Living in a home can be quite challenging, especially when you have a loud washing machine that disrupts your daily routine. Fortunately, with the advancement of technology, there are plenty of quiet washing machines to choose from, and you don’t have to search hard to find one. Just Google it.
Using a noisy washing machine may have unwanted consequences that you may not have considered. For instance, even if you set it to run while you’re at work, your neighbors may still hear the loud noise, which could lead to complaints. On the other hand, the washing machine will make so much noise at night that it will disturb your sleep.
Ultimately, sticking with a loud washing machine could be more costly in the long run than investing in a quieter one. Therefore, it is advisable to replace your loud top-load washing machine with a quiet model and enjoy the peace that comes with it.
In this article, I have reviewed five of the quietest top-load washing machines available today. Each machine varies in size, price, and features, but they all have one thing in common: they are all quiet.
Whether you prefer to do your laundry at night or before work in the morning, these machines won’t make a lot of noise in your household. This means you can turn them on without worrying about waking up the kids or disturbing your elderly neighbors.
Summary of 5 Best Quietest Top Load Washing Machines:
|Top Load Washer Model
|Noise Level (dB)
|1. Kenmore 26132
|Deep Fill Option
|2. Speed Queen TR7000WN
|Deep Fill Option
|3. Kenmore Elite 31553
|Smart Motion Technology
|4. Bosch Serie 8 WAW325H0GB
|5. COMFEE 11 lbs Capacity
|Compact Size, Delay Start Option
- Noise level is measured in decibels (dB).
- Capacity is measured in pounds (lbs). Refers to the max amount of laundry per cycle.
- Energy efficiency is measured on a scale of A+++ (most efficient) to D (least efficient).
- Special features are some of the standout features of each model.
Related Article: What Is The Best Material That Absorbs Sound?
How Loud Is A Washing Machine In Decibels?
It’s very important to understand how much noise regular washing machines create before we start talking about quiet washing machines and their noise level. If your machine is very old, it can produce around 90 decibels of noise, which is as loud as a vacuum cleaner.
However, this level of noise (over 90 decibels) is not only bothersome but also harmful to your health, as it falls within the range of noise that can cause damage to your hearing.
Therefore, it’s important to consider how many decibels your washing machine produces when searching for a quieter option. Typically, manufacturers advertise decibel levels in the 60 to 70 dB range. Ideally, you should aim for models that operate below 60 dB.
This noise level should be more than two times quieter than the older model you had. It’s essential to remember that every additional 5 dB can significantly increase the noise volume. Thus, a washing machine that produces 70 dB is almost twice as loud as a model that operates at 60 dB.
Here is one interesting video that explains the decibel levels of washing machines:
5 Quietest Top Load Washing Machines
Now that you understand how much noise a quiet top load washing machine produces, it’s time to look closely at some models available on the market. Washing machines have come a long way regarding technological advancements, design, and functionality.
Quietest top-load washers can significantly reduce the noise level during the wash and spin cycles, making them an attractive option for those looking for a peaceful laundry experience. In this section, we’ll discuss the top five quietest top-load washers in 2024 and their main features.
1. Kenmore 26132 Top Load Washer
- A stainless tub that has Triple-Action Impeller
- The wash cycle produces 47 dB of noise; the Spin cycle generates 65 dB.
- Deep Fill setting.
- It weighs 134 pounds, indicating its heavy-duty build.
- It includes a washer, drain hose, and core making setup easy.
This top-load washing machine is very powerful, offering a 4.8 lbs capacity. With that much space, you can wash a huge amount of clothes in one go, even up to 24 large towels! It’s the ideal choice for bigger households, and it comes with an Energy Star rating, so it can help save you money on your power bill. And despite its larger size, it’s surprisingly affordable.
But what sets this washing machine apart is how quiet it is. It operates at 47 dB during the wash cycle and 65 dB during the spin cycle. Thanks to quality insulation materials, it produces very little noise during operation – far less than other washers of a similar size.
And not only that, it also produces less vibrations during the spin cycle, according to numerous users on discussion boards. While it’s important to consider technical details, seeing such positive comments from other users is still reassuring.
2. Speed Queen TR7000WN Top Load Washer
- It has a spacious 3.2 lbs capacity, making it ideal for larger loads.
- You can choose from 8 different wash cycles.
- The machine has an 840 RPM motor; it runs quietly and efficiently.
- The touchpad display is not only elegant but also easy to use.
- For extra cleaning power, there’s an additional rinse option available.
- This washing machine is Energy Star certified; it’s eco-friendly and energy-efficient.
Looking for a top-of-the-line washing machine that delivers exceptional performance? This American-made machine boasts a durable stainless steel construction, making it a great choice in the laundry room. And with its quiet operation and powerful cleaning capabilities, it’s no wonder this washer is considered one of the best on the market.
While it’s true that this model comes with a high price tag, it’s worth considering it as a good investment. If you’re looking for the best, the Speed Queen 180-pound washer is the way to go. Its large capacity means you can easily tackle even the biggest loads of laundry, and its sturdy construction ensures it will stand up to years of use.
But there are some important things to keep in mind before making your purchase. In 2022, there were some questions about the quality of this washing machine, with many customers reporting poor performance compared to the 2020 model. This caused quite a stir online, and understandably so.
However, this was fixed. If you’re looking for a high-quality washing machine that delivers on its promises, the Speed Queen 180-pound washer is worth considering.
3. Kenmore Elite 31553 Top Load Washer
- Heavy-duty build with a weight of 145.7 lbs
- Generous 5.2 lbs capacity
- Made from high-quality stainless steel, ensuring longevity and resistance to rust and corrosion.
- Offers 14 cycles, together with 14 unique wash options
- Steam Treat setting for eliminating stains, providing extra cleaning power when needed.
- Noise level of 49 dB
- Compact dimensions of 28.4 x 27 x 38 inches, making it great for small apartments.
The Kenmore Elite is worth considering if you’re looking for a high-end, top-load washer that will impress even the most discerning buyers. With its sleek and stylish design, it’s sure to turn heads and make your laundry room look even more impressive.
But looks aren’t everything, and the Kenmore Elite doesn’t disappoint in terms of performance, either. With its powerful motor and large capacity, this washer can easily handle even the biggest loads of laundry. And despite its impressive power, it’s surprisingly quiet, so you won’t even notice that it is turned on.
One of the best things about the Kenmore Elite is its energy efficiency. It uses less water than traditional washers and even has an integrated system for sensitive fabrics. This model comes with durable steel construction, and it’s built to last. The noise level is only 49 dB during operation.
Of course, no product is perfect, and some customers have reported issues with water levels. However, these seem to be isolated incidents, and most users give the Kenmore Elite top marks for its performance and features. In particular, many love the “deep fill” feature, which allows for larger loads of laundry.
Overall, the Kenmore Elite is a great choice for anyone who wants a powerful and stylish washer that won’t break the bank. So if you’re in the market for a high-end washer, this one is worth considering. Just check with your partner before purchasing – you wouldn’t want to make them jealous!
4. Bosch Serie 8 WAW325H0GB
- Large 20-pound capacity tub.
- Top-loading design for easy loading of laundry.
- Quiet operation with a 48 dB wash cycle, while the spin cycle is 73 dB.
- Offers a range of basic programs along with some advanced ones.
- App connectivity lets users control the washing machine from their smartphone or tablet.
Bosch is another brand that offers washing machines that operate thanks quietly to their unique EcoSilence Drive technology. The company claims that this model only produces noise of around 47 dB during the washing cycle.
Although the Bosch Serie 8 washing machine we are reviewing here produces noise of 73 dB during a spin cycle of 1,600 RPM, most customers are willing to overlook this because of its unique anti-vibration design.
This washing machine is very similar in some features to Whirpool washing machine on this list, but it can only handle up to 20 pounds of laundry. However, it has numerous pre-installed settings, including one specifically designed to remove allergens from your clothes.
5. Comfee 11 LBS Washing Machine
- Convenient top-loading design for easy loading and unloading of laundry.
- Compact 11-pound tub capacity, making it ideal for small loads and tight spaces.
- Low noise level of just 62 dB during operation
- Offers a maximum speed of 840 RPM, ensuring an efficient and thorough cleaning.
- Provides 6 basic wash cycles, and 3 water levels, catering to different laundry needs and preferences.
- Equipped with wheels and handles for easy portability
Looking for a compact top-load washing machine that’s easy to install and won’t disrupt your peace and quiet? The COMFEE top-loading washer might be the perfect fit for you. It has dimesons of 36.6 tall x 20.3 inches wide, this washer is ideal for smaller living spaces like apartments or RVs.
The included accessories, swivel wheels, and handles make it easy to install and move around, so you can get it up and running quickly.
The great thing about this washing machine is its quiet operation. It produces only 62 dB of noise during the spin cycle, so you won’t have to worry about disturbing your neighbors or roommates. And with a max speed of 840 RPM, you can be sure your laundry will come out clean and fresh.
Despite its small size, the stainless tub can hold up to 11 pounds of laundry, with a transparent glass lid for easy monitoring. And with its sleek gray exterior, this washer will fit seamlessly with any decor. Overall, the COMFEE’ top-loading washer is a great choice for anyone looking for a compact, quiet washing machine.
Related Article: 7 Ways to Quiet A Noisy Refrigerator Compressor
Tips To Reduce Noise On Top Load Washing Machine
While investing in a new quiet washing machine, it’s still possible to encounter noisy washing cycles occasionally. The issue can often be attributed to how you handle your laundry before washing it.
Simple steps like properly sorting and evenly distributing clothes in the drum can help prevent loud noise and ensure a smoother and more efficient washing experience. Here are some tips that can help you reduce noise on your top-load washing machine:
- Use Anti-Vibration Pads – If your top-load washing machine is located on a hard surface like a hardwood floor or concrete, it can produce tons of impact noise. Even with some rubber padding on the corners, modern washers can still jump around and cause damage to your machine and the surrounding area. Luckily, there’s a simple solution that you can apply: get anti-vibration and anti-walk pads. By using these pads, you can effectively reduce the impact noise and prevent your machine from moving around excessively during the spin cycle. These pads are designed to absorb shock and vibration, providing a more stable and quieter washing experience.
- Don’t Overload/Underload Washing Machine – Overloading or underloading your top-load washing machine can significantly reduce the noise. When the tub is overloaded, it can become difficult for the machine to do its job properly. This is because the water needs enough space to reach every item in the machine, and overloading can make this difficult. On the other hand, putting a load that is too light in the tub can also cause noise. When there are not enough items in the machine, they may become unbalanced during the spin cycle, causing a loud thumping noise.
- Insulate Your Machine – You can effectively dampen the sound by insulating your washing machine. A simple solution is to cover your top-load washing machine with a blanket. However, for those who want a more polished look, it’s best to have a customized insulation cover that fits the dimensions of your washing machine. Just make sure to leave the necessary vents open to avoid any overheating problems. With this easy tip, you can reduce the noise and vibration caused by your washing machine while adding a touch of style to your laundry room.
If your top-load washing machine is still causing a disturbance, you can do a few things to reduce the noise. One option is to soundproof the laundry room by filling in gaps between the door and door frame. This can significantly reduce the noise level, allowing you to close the door while the washing machine runs without disturbing the rest of your household.
If soundproofing doesn’t work, it might be time to consider replacing your old machine with a new, quieter model. Upgrading your washer can reduce noise and save you money in the long run. Newer models are typically more energy- and water-efficient, so you’ll save on utility bills over time. Therefore, it’s worth investing in a newer, quieter appliance for added peace of mind and cost-saving benefits.